Monday, October 14, 2013

Song Of The Day!

Hola everyone. Como estas ustedes?
I see you look fine there.
So today I got a little upset about a video that showed that I could have won Stacker about 20 times (If the shit wasn't rigged) This took place just a couple of minutes ago. :P
WHY STACKER WHY?!
So as we are on the downside of small things in life, we also look at the upside also, like this SOTD I decided to show close to an hour before midnight.
If only it looked like this......
Anyways, today's Song is:
The Vaccines: I Always Knew
Ahhh Indie Rock nowadays. I feel like Indie music has become sooo much of a fashion statement than actual music, as people tend to overlook a shitload of other bands like The Vaccines. If you want something that reminds you of the Post-Punk years (80's I usually consider) The Vaccines have brought it back with the complete sound. Seriously they sound as awesome as Echo & the Bunnymen, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Jesus & Mary Chain, etc. (I only decided to name three since I didn't want to make a list) If you don't think I'm correct, listen to them. They're a complete bliss!
Although sex does come to mind sometimes.....
Oh this song is so good, I can't stop listening to it. Freddie Cowan's musical style reminds me so much of "Telstar", and it feels so good to listen to something so spaciously glossy, like it had a rehearsal session with J&M Chain with more songs about sex. Arni Anason's bass playing reminds me also of "Telstar" too, I don't know why, but it's like those two capture Joe Meek's engineering in making great music. Then there's also Pete Robertson rhythmic drumming that also captures the Spacey sound of Shoegaze era music, sounding also like..............You know what I can't seem to get that other song stuck out of my head every time I listen to it, they're both great! Along with Justin Young's vocals like a siren wailing during the chorus of the song behind the Space Operatic instrumentation. That's what got me into this band, not only because they happen to sound like an 80's or 90's band having a resurgence into the music scene, but that they seemed to even have captured the experimental sound of the 60's, going back as my head could think of as the shortlived Tornado hit or even Space Pop lounge music, all the while adding that awesome Post-Punk/Shoegaze sound that several British bands pulled off at the time. (Even though J&M Chain are actually Scottish)
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment