Friday, October 4, 2013

Song Of The Day!

I think maybe I should really start doing these things in the morning.......
Oh how life seems to work....
Yep, still having trouble in the morning period. Today just seemed like a bad day, so no mushy sad song today. Today I feel like getting pissed off for no conventional reason. Maybe I do have one, but I'm not really going to say it because I don't tend to tell my problems to other people a lot. (Besides, they look at me like it's my job to not only cure my own problems, but theirs too,)
Now I know why he's pissed 
When I feel angry and have to listen to something, I either listen to Metal or Punk. Today's SOTD is:
Crass: Punk Is Dead
Ah Crass, one of the finest anarchy bands to have risen. That and that they are pretty artistic on some songs. They are a prime example of what real Punk Rock is. Steve Ignorant blasts about the media's response to Punk Rock (It's still there, but have you noticed a lot of them are about love relationships only, while there is still a shitload of issues running around.) While we hear Penny Rimbaud, N.A. Palmer, Phil Free & Pete Wright start out on a moderate but increasingly faster pace as the song goes. As the song ends, it starts to slow down while everyone chants"Punk is Dead", meaning just the entire meaning, artistry & soul of Punk is at a loss. (I detest this since I think there are a few Punk Rock bands still carrying the legacy.) Even though it lasts for a minute and a half, it's good enough to repeat the song in a loop! (I do this shit about 30 times when I listen to it.)
I don't think commercial Punk is all that bad like most Pop/Rock bands. They are decent, but when it comes to serious issues that people should've already known about, and the bands finally start raising awareness about the issue at least in only one song, I can't take them seriously. That's why I still listen to Crass, Patti Smith, and several Indie bands. Check them out. It's the best minute and a half of your life that you want to extend it for a while.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment