Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Songs Of The Day!

Welcome! Just gonna make this one another quickie!
Not as quick as taking a dump....
So I was planning to actually do this yesterday night, until I became tired went to sleep. So I had to rewrite this so that I could add another song onto this post. I also don't think I'm going to be posting any of my comments or ideas since I can only be positive when it comes to music I'm posting and not being critical at all, although of course that action still pisses people off. Instead I've been thinking about probably just posting maybe 5 to 10 songs each day so that you're mind can widen a bit more.
Keeping an open mind leads you to more interesting things sometimes.
 Today's (& Yesterday's) SOTD is:
Asha Bhosle: Dum Maro Dum
Genres: Raga Rock, Psychedelic Rock
White Town: Your Woman
Genres: Alternative Dance, Indie Pop, Electronic Rock, Trip Rock
Even though I feel like I shouldn't explain much anymore (Since I can't explain the songs very well like other people do :P) I'm just going to give a little bit of info but that's it! :) The first song was originally made for a Bollywood film called "Hare Rama Hare Krishna" about a man in search for his sister, only to find out she became a stereotypical hippie and tries to change her mind (Preferring family values over freedom.) This song overshadowed the point the film was trying to point out and became one of India's most well known songs, especially it's addicting hook reminiscent of The Byrds or The Beatles and veterean actress Asha Bhosle's superior vocals (She's that amazing). It became so popular in the West that it was even featured in one of the Grand Theft Auto games. Onto the next song!

The second and last song is a popular song in the 90's that surprised everyone upon it's release. The reason being was for it's multiple possibilities of uses, being a straight guy for lesbian, gay guy in love with a straight, a member of an orthodox, someone in love with a two-timer, etc. (And also the fact it was sung by the performer himself.) It became another landmark in the Alternative Dance movement, and also Jyoti Mishra's most well known song. It was also remembered well for the mute trumpet sample off from Al Bowlly and the music video, which is shit in the style of Silent Films depicting a woman choosing control of her own life over a guy who doesn't seem to care. You should totally check these songs out!
I hope you enjoyed this segment!

No comments:

Post a Comment